Wednesday 9 April 2014

Love calms the seas has made it on the frame



Well the day has finally arrived for Storm at sea now known as "Love calms the seas"
To be loaded onto the frame for hand quilting.



First l load the backing

Then the wadding and the flimsy

It is then all wound on and tensioned ready for the first few stitches

 Here is the start of the quilting on the border

I am using Aurifil 28wt and no12 betweens for the      quilting.

I will be posting progress on this quilt as I go so be sure to come back and check how I am proceeding in the next few days.

I would love to know if you love handquilting and if you have every made a storm at sea quilt, so please leave a comment and I will reply.

Thanks until next time

Wendy

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work Wehago Designs/Wendy Gontier. Have enjoyed watching this come together right from the beginning. Your daughter is a very lucky girl to have such a clever mum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy