Thursday 31 December 2015

Good bye 2015! Hello 2016!


Good bye 2015! Hello 2016!

I would like to say I have had an amazing year with lots of finishes and with only a few not quite finished tops.  Most are not far from being finished.

But my most exciting this is my Bom quilt along!  I plan on taking you on a little journey to make a quilt with me.  I am using the fabrics above and may add the occasional solid as I go.  I plan on showing you one block with lots of variations and we will have a chance of embellishing with applique or embroidery or just leave them as they are.  

 

Thes are the fabrics I have chosen to work with for the first month!  I also plan to show you how to piece this either by hand or by machine whichever your preferred method is or if you would like to try another way.

I plan to release the blog post to give you all the details of the first block on a very special day in my life! It will be the 8th of January.  During this post I will let you all know why it is a special day to me and why I want to share this day with you all.  So you have a week to gather four fabrics as you do not need all of them yet and you can even use up your scrap heap, I love scrap heap challenges!

If you missed the first announcement of my Bom here It is




During the last week or so hubby has been on holidays and has been keeping my energy up by serving me coffees and special Brunsli biscuits.



So I would also like to invite you to come to join my group on Facebook Wehago designs quilting community  to share in lots of fun or follow me on  Instagram or even share on a Pinterest board I will create for the BOM 2016 once we start!  I look forward to seeing everyone's creations and having lots of fun with you all.

So until we all start, please have a safe and fun end to 2015 and all the very best for a wonderful 2016

Until then keep quilting and creating

Wendy.

6 comments:

  1. January 8th is my younger daughters birthday, she will be 20! Looking forward to this BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to January 8th Wendy!!! thanks for offering this too!!! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Im excited to join you!! Learning with you experienced ladies makes me happy and I enjoy the company :) See you on the 8th!! Amie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited to have you join me and everyone in this little venture of quilting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy