Saturday 9 April 2016

April BOM and it's no fools joke either!


Hello everyone!

Thank you for being so patient with me!  I would like to link up to Confessions of a fabric addict for Whoop Whoop it's Friday, be sure to check out all the other posts Here and also to A Quilted Passion for Whoomp there it is linky party! So let's party on and check outAll the blog action here

So onto the business for our Block of the month, this time you will need two fabrics


These are my selections for my blocks, remember I am doing one by hand and one my machine.

This month I have chosen to do the 7 Grid Chain.   It has a 9 patch in the centre and it has four patches and rectangles to make up the block.  This will make a wonderful quilt almost like an Irish chain if you only use the one block throughout a quilt.   

Now for Cutting Instructions:-

From these fabrics you will need to cut the following
From your background 4  (4" X 5.75") and 12 (2.25" squares)
From your main fabric you will need 13 (2.25" squares)

Now let's get to laying them out
This will be my hand pieced one and as I am a day late and have had a house full of illness all week I will update the blog in the next couple of days with this block.  
Firstly piece your four patches and nine patches together so it looks like this
Then we piece these units into rows and then the rows into a block to have it look like this
This is our finished block and the following photo is all of the machine pieced blocks so far.  I'm excited how these are coming together.   

Now I have been busy and piecing lots of things since I have hurt my wrist.   So next week is a week of pattern writing and the launching of my website!  I am so excited that I am doing the happy dance and able to use my wrist much much more.   I have even started doing my hand quilting again!

Now please tell me what are you happy about this week!  I love to hear from you all, so don't forget to leave a comment and I promise I will find time to do a couple more blog posts this week with all the exciting things I have been working on over the last three weeks.

So have a wonderful weekend and I hope you enjoy this block like I have.

Keep on smiling as you keep on creating,

Wendy.




7 comments:

  1. Ooolala I love the colors you chose for the 7 grid chain block! I do not have patience for hand sewing but I do want to try hand quilting. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooolala I love the colors you chose for the 7 grid chain block! I do not have patience for hand sewing but I do want to try hand quilting. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, please try hand quilting it's lots of fun.

      Delete
  3. I am happy first of all that you were able to juggle so much to still provide us with a BOM already! You rock Wendy!!!
    Also I made a cool gift for a friend and mailed it off this week... made me happy! :) Have a wonderful week! Looking forward to seeing all the 7 grid chain blocks on the loose on facebook! :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathi, has been good feel accomplishment this week. Love your gift as I'm sure the recipients will. Xxx

      Delete
  4. What a pretty color scheme for your block!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think I need to look for more fabric these colours, they seem to brighten my day. Hope your is bight also. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy