Monday 1 September 2014

Leaping into Spring!

Well I can't believe that winter is over for us!  I have been so busy creating that I haven't blogged again for 3 weeks.  So let me explain some of what I have been doing:-

Firstly I have sent this little art quilt to Berry Patchwork Shop for their quilt show and retreat.
It was entered in the One Red Thread Competition with a Theme for this year of Moulin Rouge

You can see other entries for this competition and others plus the winners here

My first ever Bonnie Hunter Mystery from Quiltville
The next finish this weekend was for my Mystery which i started at Christmas time.  This was from Bonnie Hunter and it was Celtic Solstice, as I changed colours and part of the design I am now calling this Blooming Celtic Solstice.  I am really please how this has come together.  My hubby loves it and it will be his couch quilt after I finish it

A finished top from My Quilt Along from Mishkas Playground
The last finish is my Delightful Stars Quilt.  This has been a Quilt Along which I have been doing with mishkas playground.  I have added a few stars and even designed one myself as I wanted a Square quilt, this measures 96" reason it is touching the ground.

Ok so I am feeling on top of the moon as these have been completed and crossed off my list.  I also have another couple which won't take long to finish also.  So with that I am planning on having the following completed
my storm at sea quilt  
QAG quilt for a special person
Tote for a swap
Table Runner for a swap
my Star swap block
Lattice Quilt top
Also going to do some Christmas Decorations and items for sale
I am linking this post to Kathi at design originals by KC for her Laundry list, come over and check out her blog

So until later in the week when I chat with you all again,  
have a wonderful time

Wendy

8 comments:

  1. The Eiffel Tower and delightful stars sure do make for some fun quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, both have been great fun, I will enjoy quilting delightful stars later

      Delete
  2. LOVE your art quilt so much... your flimsies are so fun and colorful!!! Thanks so much for linking up with me my friend! :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. All sew beautiful! I love the colors in your Celtic Solstice! My own was the original colors and it is still in pieces. You and very inspiring ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat, I look forward to seeing yours come to life. The reason I changed colours is I was working on a large storm at sea with blues and greens and I couldn't afford to pull any of them until that quilt was pieced.

      Delete
  4. Love how you modified the Celtic Solstice quilt! Are you planning to hand or machine quilt it? You have got a lot done in August. Wishing you luck in meeting your goals for September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I am planning on hand quilting but I am going to use big stitch method I think it will add another dimension to this quilt. I won't get to it for a little bit as I have one large project on the frame at the moment and then I have to do another for a deadline. Then I can choose this one I hope

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy