Thursday 9 April 2015

Doing the Time Warp!

Hello!

Boy it seems like it has been ages since I have been here and chatted to you all. 
I have been quite busy creating as you will see and not just with this one but many.  I will gradually show them to you over the next few weeks as I get past these few deadlines.

Let me introduce Time Warp to you!  I am so excited to be doing this quilt.  This will be one of my entries for the Pantone Colour of the year quilt challenge which is held at Adrienne and Anne blogs.  I am linking today atMy quilt infatuation


as a flimsy



I am so happy to have found this fat quarter bundle from Pam Buda, Prairie Gatherings.  I do not normally use reproduction fabrics but have found them a delight, I have used Judies Album quilt by Judie Rothermel for the border.

Some pebbles in the making

The reason for the name Time Warp is because I am using reproduction fabrics but I have pieced it with more of a modern feel using the Creative Grids Hexagon Trim Tool and I am also quilting it with a modern feel.




So I hope you enjoy this quilt as much as I am, please check back in with me on Sunday as I give you an update.  I am hoping to be towards the end of the quilting by then.  I am sharing this with you today So until Sunday have fun quilting or creating and just love life,

All the best, Wendy.

P.s. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think

6 comments:

  1. So glad to see you are alive and well and back to blogland too! I love your progress on Time Warp... the fabric is very pretty for repro I agree... I have never been this enthralled with a color before though either! Thanks so much for sharing your hand quilting skill too! Your pebbling is lovely! :) Looking forward to Sunday! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathi, I am really having fun with the pebbles

      Delete
  2. Oh my you have a big goal there, can't wait to see your progress on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is gorgeous! I love the fabric and what a great idea to pair the 'vintage' cloth with a modern design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, it has really been a fun stretch of the imagination

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy