Sunday 1 November 2015

Singing the joys of quilting

I have had the most fabulous couple of weeks with my quilting projects I thought it is worth singing about.  So without any further ado let me show you.


       
I have started a sampler of my hand quilting, it is really quilting fast, this is only 14.5".  I am so happy with it and am hoping to have it complete in about 24 hrs time.  I am using 28wt Aurifil thread and Kona Solids with Hobbs Tuscany Wadding.  It really makes the design pop. 🎉


Once I finish my wholecloth sampler I plan on finishing this Hawaiian Style cushion.  It is also a joy to work on.  With this I am using 12 wt aurifil thread and Kona Solids again with Hobbs Tuscany Wadding.  I really love the echoing quilting, what about you?

I had an order for some more vintage bunting so I got to creating these again,  they are so much fun

Then all of my tea towels had sold out so back to the drawing board for some more cupcakes

Then these delightful will eventually form a new quilt I am creating.  What do you think of this one?

This should have been published a few days ago but I got carried away quilting so here is the finish of the sampler and where I am with my Hawaiian 



Thanks for reading and leaving me a hello, I love hellos! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend as it is the start of our here down under

Have fun quilting, and keep smiling!

Wendy

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I'll come over and say hello on your blog

      Delete
  2. Hello Wendy... love to see your hand quilting projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your hand quilting is stunning! Over on Quilting Focus, a quilting directory site, we wrote an article featuring the hand quilted quilts that were on show at the Auckland Festival of Quilts. You might like to check them out:
    https://quiltingfocus.com/2015/11/festival-of-quilts-2015-hand-quilting/
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I certainly will check it out. 😊

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy