Friday 15 January 2016

It's a weekly wrap! Whoop Whoop!

Happy Friday all and everyone!

A massive thank you to all of you wonderful people who have started following my blog and for joining with me with my Block of the Month this year! #WDBOM2016

If you haven't read about it Please do here, we are having lots of fun

Now since I announce the block of the month, parts of our country have been going through terrible bushfires and many have lost their homes.  One kind soul has started making little quilts and she is using the 9 patch blocks that we are doing this month,  so many of the people doing my BOM are enjoying it so much they are making a few extra blocks for fun and sending them to Shari.  If you would like to help here is the link to A hug from a stranger there is also a need for backings and wadding and thread for quilting so if you can help with only support it would be greatly appreciated.

Firstly I am on the final stretch of this quilt which has been in the workings for a bit over a year!  
Sorry only a sneak peak until it can be finally revealed.  But let's put it this way I'm doing a happy dance! I am loving the finishing stages!




Today I spent helping my mum make this cute little tote.  My mum is 89 and one of her GrandDaughters gave her a little stitchery which was to be made into a tiny cushion but we decided a cute bag for mum was in order.  I have just got back from entering this and some other things of mums and mine in our local show for tomorrow.

We will go for a visit to see lots of lovely arts and crafts and to catch up with several people.  
Looking forward to having a good time there.  




Oh and a little weird selfie of my new glasses, it's great to be able to see properly again!  Doing a Whoop Whoop for them! And they are lovely cool glasses not boring and conservative like I normally take.  


And this little baby quilt is for the  Very snuggly quilt program . Ido the machine quilting on some of the smaller ones to practice and become better at my machine quilting.  Oh and did I mention it's lots of fun!




And look at these lovely charms that are on their way to me from my friend Kathi, you might like to check out her Blog and all the wonders she has been doing   I can't wait to see these in person and be able to start my fun project with them!  Stay tuned to see how they are going to be used!  It will be heaps of fun to be sure.




So I hope you have had a wonderful week like me, and until the next post. Have fun quilting or creating and be sure to go over and read about all the Whoop whoop at confessions of a fabric addict! And also A quilted passion  I love linking with her when I get the time!

all the very best for today and the weekend,

Wendy



7 comments:

  1. Wendy, Lovely post today.. I am so excited to send these charm packs to you along with some other requests and see what you fashion with it all and how it turns out.. definitely will be reading along to see! I love your sneak peek but hard to say much about the piecing pattern but the quilting surely rocks!!!
    Sorry for all the fires you have been having there during your summertime... last summer our west coast suffered massive unable to contain fires and it was very scary as well... I am happy I get to send some 9 patches for your fire victims to offer them comfort.. thanks for providing the info on how to send them also! :) Have a blessed day and thanks for blogging... love your new glasses too btw! I love them on you... a bit sassy JUST LIKE YOU!!! lol Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ever so much for your help and support, and yes I looove my glasses too!

      Delete
  2. I've always liked tote bags more than pillows myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes I little bit more useful. I suppose

      Delete
  3. Cute glasses--I think they are similar to mine! I love wearing them, they are so funky and I can switch out the ear pieces for a different pair to get a second look. Your sneak peek is too enticing! I hope you can do a full reveal in a later post. But it does really show off your quilting, which is magnificent. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, yes a full reveal in time will come. My glasses I unfortunately can't change the side arms but will be getting another set and lenses in my old ones so I can have three looks, 1 sedate and 2 a bit more out there. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. Come again

      Delete
  4. Hi Wendy. Thanks for visiting my blog and linking up w/WHOOMP There IT Is! I'm a new follower and I love your hand quilting. I'm hoping to actually try it someday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy