Monday 9 January 2017

Bakers Dozen Square Dance! - BOM 2016 Reveal!


Bakers Dozen Square Dance!


Well It is together!  Thanks to all who have played along this year!  I have been called into work a day early so I will give you the reveal now and let you get your sashing and border fabric out and cut into strips.   

Tonight I will give you the breakdown and how to get this together.


all of our blocks   
Now you will remember the spit 9 patch, it was bothering me, so I went and made a new one
redone block!
Now I was happy with this result so I replaced it in the mix!



before the replacement of the split 9 patch

starting of arranging of the blocks

final arrangement of the blocks in the quilt
Finally together just before the setting sun, so outside to get a photo for you all of it hanging on the line without the borders!

together without boxers
Then after a little bit of work during the night and some sleep, a quick photo before going to work of the top outside on the line with the borders this time!

Ta Da!

Bakers Dozen Square Dance Quilt!

You will need 1.35 mts or 1.5 yds of light grey for sashing, 8" strip of dark grey and 1.2 mts or 1 1/3 and a little bit for the outside border.

well I must bid you good bye and get to work on time!  you may cut your light grey into 2.5" strips and you will need 21 strips for the sashing.  

Our quilt measures 71.5" x 85"  and I can't wait to get it all quilted.

Until tonight have a great day 

Wendy.  
ps don't forget to leave a comment!  :)



5 comments:

  1. it looks great Wendy - I'm sorry I've decided to use all mine in one quilt now - I did an extra 9 patch and will sew them all together - 7 rows by 7 columns. Really nice layout (yours)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great Wendy - I'm sorry I've decided to use all mine in one quilt now - I did an extra 9 patch and will sew them all together - 7 rows by 7 columns. Really nice layout (yours)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again. don't be sorry I'm happy to have you follow along and keep me on track and inspiring you and me. cheers

      Delete
  3. I love how your Baker's Dozen turned out! Thanks for sharing your great work and imagination to make these blocks you have led us through SING!!! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so so much for all the support and cheering me along this journey. I hope you can follow along on our next project! cheers.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy