Sunday 22 June 2014

Whooping because another UFO has become my next PhD!

Finally can say I am happy with another project coming out of the cupboard and getting close to a finish
What was sitting unfinished

I started this project last year, it was my Facebook quilting groups BOM for 2013.  I was doing really well and keeping up to date until 
August came along.  I didn't want to piece this block the same so the whole project became shelved.

start of August Block

Ready for appliqué to be stitched


love this
This year I decided to try Steam a seam 2 and this is the first project I have managed to use it for and WOW! This is worth a big WHOOP!

another block in the making

love this grateful heart block

who doesn't need tolerance to gain peace

and just have fun

Ready for the sashing
So as you can see I have these blocks ready to finish the appliqué and then I plan on giving this quilt a star sashing, which will be fun and I am hoping to be doing a Whooping dance!

For my other Whoop - I have almost finished my Celtic Solstice mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter, I have changed a few of the colours and the border.  I am so excited and really would love to show you the quilt now but I think it deserves its own blog.  The biggest whoop is the extra fabic I have chosen for the border and the surprise that will be for you all,  is on it's why to me now.  If I am really lucky I will be able to have this off my list this month.  

I have also made my coasters for a special friend but unfortunately I cannot show a photo until she recieves them.  I am linking this blog for a big whoop with Confessions of a fabric Addict

Now that I have caught up with a lot of my things, I will have time to give you an update of all of the happenings here at Wehago Designs.  I encourage you all to click and follow me either on bloglovin or by email, I have some very exciting things coming which I would like you to join me with.  Having a giveaway to all of my readers in the middle of July,  So tell me what are you whooping about today and don't forget to join up so you don't miss a post?

Have a wonderful Whoop,

Wendy

3 comments:

  1. So excited about your projects this month... you have been very busy and accomplished a lot it sounds like. I am whooping a near finish myself! Will blog about it when it is a finish though :) I am a follower by email. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathi, I have achieved quite a lot and I have one week left, it will be interesting to see what else I can do

      Delete
  2. Very cool blocks! I love your appliqué additions to the pieced blocks. Neat idea! Whoop whoop!! and congrats on a PhD!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy