Sunday 22 June 2014

Gardening and slow stitching Sunday


Slow Stitching on Love Calms the Seas

I thought I would start out by showing you all the beautiful sunrise we had the other morning!

I just love sunrises and sunsets
It was just glorious!

Today I spent some time quilting on love calms the seas before starting on making my loaves of bread for the week.  Just after lunch I went into the garden with Hubby and we harvested our Kiwi Fruit, they will take a little time to ripen.  The ones which were a bit defective and may have been eaten by birds we fed to the cows.
We won't get through all of these in a hurry

Then the afternoon has been spent cleaning out all of my emails and updating the computer files.  This evening will see me watching World Superbikes and Formula One Racing whilst Slow Stitching at the Frame and I am joining Kathy here for her Slow Stitching Sunday





I am really loving this



So until tomorrow enjoy your slow stitching

Wendy


14 comments:

  1. For a long time I have considered making the Storm at Sea. I couldn't imagine picking kiwi fruit in my backyard. Perhaps one day you could post a photo of your kiwi tree for us that live in the States.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, Kiwis are grown on vines, you must have a male plant, we have three vines and one of them is a male, they take a long time to develop before they fruit, supposedly four years, ours took six, we were about to pull them out when they decided to fruit and fruit they have abundantly each year since. The storm at sea is a fun quilt

      Delete
  2. What a sunrise! :) Enjoy your quilting ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, it was an amazing sunrise, unfortunately the iPad didn't do it justice!

      Delete
  3. Thank you Wendy for sharing the beautiful sunrise. Inspiring to watch your process of creating that lovely quilt. And the kiwi... who knew that cows would enjoy those also!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the sunrise was lovely and they often inspire a productive day for me, and yes the cows will eat them as they are herbivores

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Ocean Waves quilt - love your colors, these are some of my favorite combinations! Visiting from Kathy's Quilts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sunrise. Enjoy your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I don't think we will get a lovely sunrise like that for awhile, thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  7. Love the hand quilting the double lines really add so much texture! Lucky daughter who gets this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla, I am loving doing the double lines, it just seems to come alive as I stitch

      Delete
  8. Your sea waves quilting looks amazing Wendy! Way to go!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy