Tuesday 8 December 2015

Hexagon Royale! Come learn with me


Hexagon Royale, a sampler using Creative Grids Trim Tool
I am so excited to be teaching this technique to make a quilt from the Hexagon Trim Tool by Creative Grids.  Not only will I show you how to use this fun tool for basic blocks, but I will enthuse you with all the little nuances that I have developed to bring you fantastic new hexagon blocks to make this wonderful eye catching quilt.  You could choose to make lots of the same block to create a cool one block quilt or do what I have done and make the sampler.  I would love you to join me in the summer program at the Sewing Connection so please give the girls a call and Book your place today for my two day workshop.


Bastille Day Celebrations has returned to me after travelling around with the One Red Thread competition! With Berry Patchwork in NSW.  It is lovely to see this piece again








This quilt has also returned home from travelling Australia and New Zealand with the 100 quilts for 100 years anniversary of WW1.   I will now present this quilt to the Kooweerup Secondary College Concert Band. I dedicated this quilt to the school band and the 39th Batallion.  The school band march every year with the 39th Battaliaon in Melbourne Anzac Day Parade through the streets to the Shrine on Anzac Day.  Both of my daughters attended the school and we're both members of the school band and we're honoured to be school band captains.  I have seen  the wonderful dedication of both the diggers and the students as these two groups work together.  So this week I hope to be able to present this quilt to the Music Director.

So until next time I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Keep quilting or creating,

Wendy

1 comment:

  1. I love BOTH little quilts that you show here... glad they traveled and found their way home safely!! :) Wonderful Hexagon Royale... wish I lived closer!!! Kathi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy