Tuesday 22 December 2015

Santa must have posted early this year!

'
Wow, have I got some news for you!  These lovely fabrics arrived this past week. The ones on the left are a Primrose Sands bundle from  A patchwork quilt  and the ones on the right are a Tula pink bundle from  Handmade by Emily,  I wanted so much to write this blog and share my good news but I have been finishing and creating lots of tops for upcoming reveals in the not so distant future, time has just got away.

I'll explains what I will be doing with these bundles in a few moments but first let me show some of the things I have been doing. 

This week has seen a heatwave come through our lovely country.  With that also a gasp from me - Argh!  I really need some comfortable clothes for these times.  I also need to lose a bit more of the winter flab that is still sitting around my middle. To the hidden dressmaking fabric stash and I found the lovely silk and viscose I purchased a year ago to make some clothes and I spent the second hot day making a lovely maxi dress.  I used the silk on the top and the viscose of the bottom,  it was so nice to wear and now I have designed another for me to try and make during the week but this one won't be a maxi, just a normal length.  




This lovely bundle of Kona arrived from my Aussie Kona Club also from Handmade by Emily, just click on link above for details.  I just love getting these parcels, I chose to receive the metre bundle pack, so I get 5 a month.  There are a few more in my bundle as I was waiting on a couple to be fulfilled because of a back order of the fabric. These are so delicious looking makes me feel like raiding the lovely fruits we have available during our Festive season here in Australia!

I just had to go shopping a couple of weeks ago to get some backing and a couple of other fabrics for one of my future reveals,  so here is a sneak peak of the fabrics and Aurifil.  

Lastly on my show and tell this quilt was a special gift from a very special friend.  What started out as a liking and commenting on each others' quilts' online in a Facebook group has become a wonderful friendship.  Last year Kathi sent me this antique quilt and I was to have it quilted by my big 50 this year, unfortunately life got in the way so I am planning a big finish for it in the next year.  I sent Kathi a special package and if you would like to see it please go and check out her blog post as her parcel has arrived.

Now back to my exciting news and what those fat quarters are going to be used for. 

I am planning to host a block of the month quilt here on my blog over the next year and I would like to invite you to follow me, so you don't miss out.  This will be easy and we will build on everyone's skills from reading a pattern to stretching your colour ways etc.  I am not asking you to buy fabric you can raid your stash now that's lots of fun and a great way to stretch yourself.  I decided to purchase these fabrics for fun and I might add from other parts of my stash as we go along.

So if you would like to join me please leave a comment and we will be starting midway in January.  I am going to have a couple of places that you can share your progress with everyone for fun.

So until my next post in a few days take care and enjoy the build up to the festive season

19 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post Wendy, loved seeing your yummy new fabrics and, as I love samplers I will be looking forward to your BOM. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed. I hope you will enjoy the journey I take you on this coming year

      Delete
  2. owwww I might be interested - if I can catch up on my current BOM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to keep them all simple so only need to spend a small amount of time a month. I am too busy with too many projects on to make this complicated. I just want fun fun fun

      Delete
  3. Thanks Wendy, I will see if I can keep up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy I am sure you will, it's not going to be complicated just a fun take on something simple

      Delete
  4. Hi, I am interested...hopefully I will be able to keep up too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will be able to keep up and have some fun with us all

      Delete
  5. I love your work Wendy, and your fabrics, colour combinations. You're an inspiration to all x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your work Wendy, and your fabrics, colour combinations. You're an inspiration to all x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking forward to this blogpost and yes, I'm interested in your BOM, hope you have a great Christmas Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Luisa I will certainly enjoy seeing my girls, I'm also glad you have been looking forward to the post

      Delete
  8. I am keen as, so bring it on Wendy and have a happy and safe Christmas-catch up on the new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh glad your excited 🎄🎉

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to joining in

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my first visit to your blog as a result of your post in Nanny Sews & Crafts. I would love to join your BOM & plan to do it along with my Mum so we can work on it together & keep each other accountable 😉 I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's individual interpretations 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to you and your mum glad to have you with us :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy