Tuesday 9 February 2016

February block of the month!

February Block of the Month is Here!

Today is a very special person in my life birthday so a big Happy Birthday to Margie Burke!

I hope you all are enjoying making this with me!   Today I chosen three fabrics from my bundle, and once again I will make one by machine and one by hand.  I will update this blog post with the one  hand pieced block later in the week.   I have been struggling to finish my quilt and have an ongoing minor health issue I am dealing with this week.

Ok, lets do this!  From our three fabrics I have chosen a dark, medium, and light fabric.  I have also fussy cut the centre a little bit of the hand pieced one you may like to do this if you have a print which would look better centred.  

cutting instructions:- 

Centre 1 x 6.5" square ,  Cornerstones 4 x 3.5" squares, and rails 4 x (3.5" x 6.5")


colours for each block
Cut and laid out ready for stitching

Cut and ready for marking before stitching
We stitch this the same way as our previous nine patch in the rows and then join the rows, taking care of nesting our seams.  Make sure you press your seams to the darker fabric.

top row being stitched

Centre being sewn

Top and Centre rows together


Complete Uneven 9 patch!
I look forward to seeing your blocks posted either in the Facebook page or on instagram!  If you missed last months Block of the month click here

So until next time have lots of fun,

Wendy






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the second block and I hope you feel better soon. Does the colour placement matter in this block?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debi thanks for well wishes, colour placement doesn't matter, do it how you like it, it's your quilt!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy