Sunday 20 March 2016

Not just a slow Sunday but a slow week!


Hello to everyone!

I trust you are all as well as you can be and enjoying the weekend!

Last weekend I had a bit of a collision with one of our dogs and went down like a sack of potatoes and last Sunday ended up in ER and recieved a half cast with a diagnosis of soft tissue damage or. Scaphoid Fracture!  Argh!   Was my cry!


Not to be bored out of my brain I decided I could operate the sewing machine and I unearthed my 2.5" confetti squares.   Some I cut from my scraps some are from my swap group where we swap 49 in an. Envelope once a month during the year.   So I have started on this little top with black and whites and colours!   I have a red and an orange block done


Here is my container with them sorted into lights or low volume and darker and black and whites.

Not long after I started the above blocks hubby asked if I could make him a little quilt to put under some of his work to protect my floor and what he was working on!  So what do you do, stop the quilt top you're working on and start another!   
Here is the result.  I will quilt this up for him as soon as I can.

On Tuesday I went to my Doctor and he sent me off for a scan on my hand on the Wednesday and I went back to him on the Friday for my result!   He knew I was tired of the cast as it all felt wrong.   So to my relief on my return visit he gave me the all clear of the scaphoid fracture but told me I have ligament damage!   Oh no,  well I know it will take about 6 weeks before I am back to full strength but I do know I can do little bits here and there!
Enter the next confetti quilt, this will have a type of 3D effect with a chain like happening around and through it.

Now for today, I decided I would finsh a couple of quilt tops with borders!
This is a quilt I did with local quilters last year but realised I must get some of the green from Ella Blue to put the final border on!   So off to the quilt shop tomorrow!

Now to cut the border for my wonderful 49th birthday quilt from Kathi!  She found this wonderful quilt for me and gifted it! I am so thankful to her and I'm looking forward to quilting this later in the year!

Here it is!  I think this will be awesome and my mind is contemplating my quilting design now!

So as you can see I would love to be hand quilting but I can only do these sorts of things slowly with lots of breaks for my hand.  I can cut small amounts at the moment for a short time only!

I am so happy to be able to link with Slow stitching Sunday with Kathy take a look at all the eye Candy!

Now it's your turn, tell me how your week has been and what are you doing this weekend, I'm curious!

Until, a few days time, I hope you enjoy yourself and can be creative!

Take care and remember please say hello!

wendy

18 comments:

  1. Well personally I think you had an AWESOME week of getting things accomplished in your sewing life even if it was 1 handed! :) I love the quilt you are making for your hubby and can't wait to see it in use... it will brighten his work area for sure!!! I am really enjoying your posts.. and your BOM too!
    As for me I have been busy with lots of quilty adventures... and thanks to your kindness am finally making my first log cabin quilt and LOVING IT! Who knew I would like making little log cabin blocks! lol Have a wonderful week and heal quickly.. I miss seeing your quilting too!! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my so sorry about the collision! You still managed to have a productive week though; amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, yes it has been productive, maybe because no housework and cooking for me for the last weej

      Delete
  3. Awesome work with your log cabins too! I can't wait to see this quilt come to life! In the meantime I will be going slow and finishing off. Few small things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your fall, I have on I can step over but the other dog you never know when she is going to get up, then I trip over her. So I understand. Hope the tendons heal quickly. I'm really quite taken with the little quilt top you have pieced for your husband. Maybe I'm having a nostalgic day. I found you at Slow Sunday, thought I'd toss that tidbit in.
    Enjoy the Lord's Day.
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tonia, glad you stopped by for a visit, come back again. I am feeling productive een if slow

      Delete
  5. Sorry about your mishap. These dawgs can get under your feet some what! But great work though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, unfortunately she's too big to get under my feet, I could ride her if I had a saddle. But was good to still be able to do things

      Delete
  6. Your box of squares is so inspiring! I have been thinking of doing something similar with my scrap bins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juliann please do use your scraps, it's lots of fun

      Delete
  7. Enjoy your slow stitching while your body stitches itself back to good health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, I certainly will. I can't wait though to start hand quilting again. I am missing it

      Delete
  8. Slow and steady wins the race! Take care and wishing you a speedy recover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most certainly does, thanks for the reminder

      Delete
  9. WOW, considering your injury, you have accomplished a lot. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer, hoping to achieve more this week. Check back and make me accountable

      Delete
  10. I hope you heal quickly. It is so frustrating to only have one hand to work with. I have had issues with my hands in the past. I think you made quite a bit of progress with your quilts none-the-less. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the encouragement Cathy, much aporeciated

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy