Tuesday 15 March 2016

March and February BOM update


So I'm sure you have been waiting on an update.  Sorry things have been a bit busy but a few blog posts over this week will explain them all. Anyway above is the handpieced February block the uneven 9 patch. 

So then I started the hand pieced block for March and this was lots of fun.  The Dutch 9 patch, I started with the centre and to get it correct we had to use a generous seam rather than a scant seam.

Here is the centre finished.  Then I proceeded to join the other units to make rows to complete the block. 
Complete ready to go with the others.
   


Here is the three months of all the hand pieced blocks together. 

And look at this, all of the blocks I have completed, the machined blocks and the handpieced ones.  I am so looking forward to making both of these quilts, one by machine and one by hand!  

Over the weekend I had a little accident and fell.  I have my right wrist and arm in a half cast. I need a scan to determine if I have soft tissue damage or if I have a scaphoid fracture.  So whilst I can't cut I have found I can sew and I have a lot of 2.5" squares from leftover scraps and a wonderful group of swappers.  So this is what I have been doing to while away my boredom. 
So until tomorrow's catch up.  Tack care and have fun creating, I know I am.

 oh and don't forget to leave a comment, I love to here from you all.

Bye for now

Wendy

6 comments:

  1. I just love your fabric choices for your blocks... I am really really enjoying your BOM and your instructions on those posts too! I hope your wrist heals soon... love your scrappy quilt you are working on too! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying your BOM and look forward to what you add to your layout. Your instruction are easy to follow. I hope you recover quickly from your fall. Gravity is a Bitch! Gravity and myself are definitely not on friendly terms.
    LiZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, I am enjoying doing this also. I am recovering thankfully

      Delete
  3. So enjoying this BOM and love looking at everyone's blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi, so glad you're enjoying it with us

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy