Tuesday 12 April 2016

April Bom - hand sewn block

Happy Tuesday to you all!

Today I have finally finished my hand sewn block for this months block of the month to be know as the bakers dozen!

I think you will remember this block from the previous post that I had cut it out but not sewn.
The following is a few photos of the block going together.
First I sewed the four patch units for the corners.
Don't they look fabulous?
Then I attached the top two corners to the centre rectangle to for the top row of the block

I then moved onto the lower part of the block, then to the nine patch which is our theme for this block of the month if you are new to my ramblings.   We are all having lots of fun discovering different nine patches and how we can use them in different settings.  
Once the nine patch centre block was done I attached the side rectangles and then proceeded to attach the bottom and the top to the block.
And Ta Da! Happy dance time!  Just a little note, I do not press my hand sewn blocks until I am about to sew them together, that way I can workout which way to press the seam.   So none of the blocks in this post have been pressed since cutting.   I hope this makes sense to you all.

I then decided it was time to have a looke at these blocks together!   I am loving how this is forming.  Please let me know how you are enjoying it!  This week has lots of big happenings in my life.  So tomorrow I will give you another little blog post with the next couple of quilts or quilt tops that I have made.

I am looking for your help and in return will have a little giveaway so please stay tuned for the announcement.

In the meantime I hope you have had a terrific Tuesday.  Be sure to leave a hello and don't be shy.  Would love to hear what has been coming your way!

Remember to take time and smell the roses and enjoy some creativity in your day.

Wendy





2 comments:

  1. I am really loving this BOM Wendy - I think picking my own fabrics has been great too. All lovely repros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi, I'm glad your loving it also, I really am having fun picking different blocks each month

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy