Thursday 14 April 2016

Fun Day in the city at AQC on Thursday


What a wonderful way to start the day!  Firstly ended up parking in the same carpark as my daughter not far away from the exhibition centre.  We then walked into the city to http://www.lepetitgateau.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/Le+Petit+Gateau/home and experienced a little Paris in little Collins Street.  Afterwards decided the almond croissant were so delicious I needed to bring one home for hubby but unfortunately they were completely sold out and it was before 10 am, so I gather that a lot of Melbourne foodies know where to find their wonderful goodies.  I had to settle with a couple of plain croissants for him which we enjoyed for a snack in the evening. 



Next we walked our way back to the car and then onto the Australian Quilt Convention.  We decided we would take a make and take class that lasts about 50 mins.  So fabric painting was the way to go with Libby Richarson, and we booked ourselves into this class and then wandered off around the vendors and the quilts.


Here is a few of my goodies from the vendors, a new pair of scissors so that I do not cut a hole in my quilt when I am trimming the ends, a smaller Hera marker for marking my quilts ready for quilting the design on them, a Purple thang and some Hiroshima Shashiko needles.  I did also get some more blades for my rotary cutter.

So today I have stayed home and rested and photographed a few quilts and buntings fr my website.  It will be fully operational within in a week and I will blog and let you all know.  

I am filling in teaching on Mondays soon at the Sewing connection and I am really looking forward to it. I have put together a sample top for the girls to have a look at.  I hope they are inspired to try it out.  It's been a lot of fun and I will write the pattern for all to enjoy as not all of you live her in Australia with me.
This is it and I am calling it Blossoming News.  

So how has your week been?  Let me know please, would love to hear, as for me and hubby we are back into the city tomorrow for some retail therapy and back to the quilt convention as there is always something new to be found.  So breakfast with hubby but tomorrow we will go to https://www.zomato.com/melbourne/caffe-e-torta-1-cbd which is our normal favourite coffee in town.  Then off to a few of our other favourite shops before ending up at the quilt convention.   Tomorrow I will take a few photos of my favourites to show you all.  In the meantime have a great day or evening whatever you find yourself doing.

Take care and be creative,

Wendy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy