Sunday 17 April 2016

Lazy hazy Sunday or was it?

Happy Sunday to you!

I love a slow enjoyable Sunday don't you?

I would really like to thank Kathy for hosting her linky party for slow stitching Sunday every week.  I don't always get a chance to link but I love to look when I get the chance, I encourage you to check outKathy's blog and all the links at slow stitching Sunday Here

Firstly today I had to do the usual catch up cleaning etc since I have been to melbourne to the Australasian Quilt Convention on Thursday and Saturday.  And of course I was almost out of bread so that was first on the agenda.

Then onto the other bits of housework and a walk with the dogs.  Then onto organising my sewing area and tidying up.  I decided and chatted with hubby about making a pressing board.   So we decided to use an older chopping board which isn't used anymore and some cotton wadding which he stapled onto the board.
I then made a cover and put elastic in the edge casing which I sewed onto the edge as I neaten the edges. I decided this way I could change the cover easy. 
And here is my finished result.

This has left me with time for my true love to end the day with.  I am hoping I can actually work a lot on this quilt this week and load another onto the frame on Tuesday.  
This little quilt has been worked on almost for 18 months and it is truly coming close to a finish and a big reveal.

So I hope you all have a wonderful day and all the very best for an amazingly creative week full of inspiration.   My other dream of having my own website has also become a reality.  It is still being worked on so I will let you all know when it is fully working but please take a look and if you need anything please send an email and I can arrange it all for you.  Please have a look http://wehagodesigns.com and let me know what you think.  

So until the next post take care and have fun sewing or creating amazing things and enjoy life!

Wendy

17 comments:

  1. Love your creative pressing board, your website is looking fine and I have it bookmarked. Your little quilt is coming right along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, the pressing board is working well and I am glad you have my website bookmarked. Thanks again

      Delete
  2. That is a wonderful idea for a pressing board! I think I could probably get a sturdy cutting board cheap from a thrift shop. I'm looking forward to you big quilt reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it's almost killing me that I have to keep this little quilt to myself for a bit longer. I do help you find a little cutting board it works great.

      Delete
  3. Your handquilting is beautiful. I'm envious of your bread, as I am right this minute tasting my first sourdough experiment....a failure but it tastes ok, so I'll try again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your bread worked out for you the next day, sometimes it does take a little bit of practice like most things to get it all right.

      Delete
  4. Great pressing board and your bread looks so yummy. Happy quilting this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, I hope you have a great week also.

      Delete
  5. I have a similar pressing board.. I love your purple cover though.. very nice & mine is just like a pillowcase closure not nice elastic!!! lol I love your new website and am excited to watch it grow and grow! Enjoy your quilting this week! :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great pressing board. Love the idea... must go looking to see what I can repurpose for a bigger one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have found something to make a pressing board, thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  7. I like your pressing board idea. I was wondering how you keep your homemade bread from getting stale. Whenever I have made my own, it gets stale before we can use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We generally eat one loaf quick enough and the other loaf I freeze.

      Delete
  8. I so admire those who can hand quilt! Your quilt looks just beautiful. Your home must have a lovely aroma today with baking bread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the aroma was good, I hope you have a go at hand quilting you might surprise yourself. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  9. Finally getting around to visiting the Slow Sunday Stitching links...
    so glad you had some lovely stitching time... can't wait for the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy