Saturday 16 May 2015

Hand quilting 'Time Warp' - Spring bloggers quilt festival!

Please vote Time Warp here for:- viewers choice

Please vote for Time Warp here for:- hand quilting



Thank you to Amy's Creative Side for hosting the Spring Bloggers Quilt Festival and for all of the wonderful sponsors and you the reader for visiting and voting for everyone.

Time Warp
Let me introduce my Time Warp Quilt.  This quilt was made for the Pantone 2015 Quilt Challenge and I made this quilt using the Creative Grids Hexagon Trim Tool and Pam Buda Prairie Gatherings and for the border I found Judes Album Quilt fabric by Jude Rothermel.  My hand quilting thread of choice for this was Aurifil 28 weight thread Numbers 1103 red and 2315 cream as you will see in the close ups.


some detail of the quilting

a little more detail


love the sunlight dappling in the shade

Time Warp measuring 52" x 44"  has Hobbs Tuscany Wool wadding to highlight the quilting design.  I decided to quilt hexagons in the border and pebbles and swirls in the negative space with the main hexagons of the quilt being quilted with perspective to create a three dimensional effect.


hexagons in the border

upper part of the quilt

lower area of quilt with pebbles and swirls

centre of the quilt
Just another fun shot in the back of the garden.

Thanks so much for reading my blog and for voting for my quilt.  I also have another quilt entered in the Large Quilt Section - Love Calms the Seas and I would love you to check this out also.

Until next time, enjoy all of the eye candy available this week.

Quilt and keep on quilting

Wendy :)



7 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt. You did a great job with your hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Wendy! Your stitching is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Wendy! Your stitching is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of stitching in this. I need to get a post ready for the hand quilting section also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy