Monday 7 April 2014

Gelato is in the hoop!


Oh I am so excited to be able to have this quilt in the frame and be quilting!



About a week ago this wonderful flower featured on my newsfeed of my Facebook.  I was so in love with the design I just new this was the centre to be featured in my quilt.


After completing the front of Gelato I commenced making an Amish Bar type of of backing with the fabrics from the quilt top.


As I had no quilt on my floor frame I decided to take advantage of it last night and use the floor frame to make it easy to baste my miniature.  I attached the layers to the aprons and tensioned it nicely so everything was even and away I went with the basting.

I am using  Emma Louise Fabrics, Aurilfil 28wt Thread and Hobbs Tuscany Wadding 


I then preceded to draw on my design from the flower inspiration which I had drawn on freezer paper and cut out the motif.


I am very happy to report I was able to thread my needle with no hassles and I am using no 12 between a by Bohn and it is just quilting like a dream.  I am extremely happy with how this is coming together.


So this afternoon and evening I am planning on doing more quilting to this little delight, I hope you follow the progress with me as I discover more wonderful patterns to use for Gelato, to make it shine with glory.

All the very best

Wendy

4 comments:

  1. Gelato is the perfect name for the colors in this beautiful top... so excited to get to watch Gelato come to life and shine with glory! thanks for sharing your latest adventure... Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathi, I will be getting this completed this week

      Delete
  2. I love hand quilting Wendy. Your 'flower' inspiration is beautifully translated and wonderfully quilted .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I am very happy with how this quilt is coming together

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy