Monday 28 April 2014

Slow stitching feathers on Sunday


Oh how I love to hand quilt! I actually can't think of  many other pastimes I would rather be doing on a Slow Stitching Sunday and that is why I am linking with Kathy here.  I started on the second feather and am happy to say that I actually reached my goal and completed it.  

I threaded all of my needles and left them on the thread and only cut when I needed the next needle, this was such a time saver as I didn't have to keep threading needles, it also gives my needles a good rotation.  I am also happy to announce that my blog is being listed with Quilt Qua now.  It is a great site with lots of quilty information for everyone.  Please take a look.  As for me I will be continuing stitching the rest of my Gelato now.

until next time continue to enjoy life

Wendy

4 comments:

  1. Gelato is looking FABULOUS! Love that tip about prethreading a lot of needles and then pulling off the thread you need with 1 needle at a time too! Thanks for sharing :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt and hand stitching are both beautiful! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your feathers look fantastic! Great idea to save time with needle threading struggles! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gelato looks nice all quilted. I like the idea of threading the needle and leaving it on the spool uncut until ready for use.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy