Sunday 19 June 2016

Sewing Sunday Slowly Away

Happy Sunday to you all!  I hope you have had or are having a wonderful day!


Let me introduce you to my oldest UFO (unfinished object). This is Decades of Stars.  Now I will not go through all the details today as to why this has taken way too long to finish but I just want to let you see the start.  I will be posting photos of this over the next few weeks as I continue to work a little bit each day on it alongside my other projects.

Loading of the quilt onto my hand quilt frame
Ready to start quilting life into this baby
These are a couple of photos as I was loading this on the frame a couple of weeks ago!
Threads for stitching
These are the threads I had purchased several years ago, they are Superior Threads Treasure hand 

quilt thread.  
Cable for the border
This is the border as I started to work on it again.  This quilt had been on the frame a few years ago but was removed as I had more pressing deadlines.
Border complete

Border was completed during the week.


Side border started 
This is the start of the right hand side border.


Start of the main body of the quilt

After a few hours it is starting to look quite ok and I am starting to get excited for this project again.


 where I am tonight, I am loving how this is looking


And this is where I am quilting tonight. This quilt is mainly all Debbie Mumm fabrics.  It does have very special memories which I will reveal with the completed quilt as soon as possible.  So what are you stitching up this Sunday?  I will be linking this Slow Stitching Sunday and would like to thank Kathy for hosting this link up once again.  

Have you heard that I am hosting a Winter Mystery quilt along?  If you would like to join in please check out the featured post on the blog.  Plus here is Link to the clues so I hope you can join in.  

So Until later in the week take care and have a great day and remember to give a smile away! :)

Wendy.



14 comments:

  1. LOVELY stitching; I like the warm colors ; enjoy the day ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, it's been good, I feel a good sleep coming on.

      Delete
  2. It's always nice to see handquilting! Your mystery quilt sounds so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love my hand quilting, oh I would love to have you join the mystery, it doesn't take long to do each clue.n

      Delete
  3. The quilted cable looks amazing! I love quilting a cable! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love cables in most things, always was drawn to cable jumpers etc

      Delete
  4. The stitching around the boarder is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt has a very dimensional look. I like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I was trying for that for hubby but didn't realise I was using wrong colours for his colour defective disorder

      Delete
  6. How do you like that thread?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It quilts well but I think I prefer my aurifil thread, plus I needed to get different needles as it was a bit thick for the normal small between needles I normally use

      Delete
  7. Love your border design. Enjoy the stitching as it gets cold where you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, I don't get really cold as my frame is very close to the wood heater....I worked it all out well didn't I! Hahaha

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy