Saturday 11 June 2016

Start of Glacier Star Quilt! Whoop Whoop


Fabrics for the quilt
Yesterday I went to do a class on how to do the Glacier Star Quilt by Judy Neiymeyer. The above photo is the fabrics I chose to start with.

Start of piecing



Once in the class I decided I needed one extra pink, so lucky Janene was walking around the class and gladly went and selected a couple for me to chose from so I have a lovely baby pink batik to fit in with these fabrics now.


Here is my New York Beauty Block moving along



Almost there
At this stage I just wanted to get a glimpse on how it might look together

oh look at these! whoop whoop!

And Ta Da!  Here are all of my eight blocks together. Next is onto the smaller New York beauty blocks for the inner part of these blocksw.

next part to piece
Here you can see I am ready to start these tomorrow. This will just leave me with my homework of cutting the papers and the fabric for the next months class. 

oh the start of the mystery after clue 1
Now this is all my first clue waiting to have the next part cut and pieced ready to add to the pile so we can complete this quilt.  Don't forget to check the previous post if you would like to join in with the Winter Mystery quilt along for this year.  I am really doing a whoop whoop for this new quilt, I just love the way the pink sparkles are showing up.  I am also whooping it up for this little mystery I am sharing with you and I am getting back into sharing with you all through my blog.  I would really love to say thank you to the linky host today of Confessions of a fabric addict (check out her giveaway today and many many thanks) .

So until the next post which maybe tomorrow if I manage to get back to the hand quilting.

Have a great day!

Wendy.

2 comments:

  1. the new york beauty blocks look great - I did classes with Chris Jurd for my NYB quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debi, that would have been a fantastic class, I hope you enjoy my journey with this quilt and others I will start sharing with you

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy