Friday 3 June 2016

Winter Mystery Quilt-Along 2016



Well are we ready for a bit of creativity as we start our winter to keep our souls nice and warm. Yes I am in the southern part of Australia and we are just starting our winter.  So far it hasn't been to bad, we don't get snow where I live jus lots of rain and sludge often and cold winds to chill you to your bones.  

It is at this time after completing or almost completing a lot of quilts recently that I need to sort out my scraps and what better way to sort than to sort with a quilt in mind.  Well I have one.  It will be 54" without borders.  If you want to make it a bit bigger you might just have to make a few more blocks.  So tomorrow I will start sorting my fabrics but I have got some fabric requirements ready for you to join me in this mystery! 

I hope you are excited because I certainly am.  I am planning to make mine scrappy.  
Now for the requirements:-
For your background you will need 2.5 mts (2 3/4 yds)
Now the next lot of fabrics you will require will the the opposite of this colour.  For example if you are using a light then you will need to use dark fabrics, if you are using a darks for background use a lights for this fabric and you will require 1.15 mts (11/4 yds)
And of your medium fabrics you will require  3 mts (3 1/4 yds).

Now I hope you are excited to look in your scrap heap this year and join with me.   Don't forget to put a new needle in your machine, fill your bobbins and most importantly put a new blade in the rotary cutter.  I'll be back during the weekend most likely Sunday with your first Clue. Don't stress if you don't have all of your fabrics sorted it will work out and you will be able to gather them as we go.  

Now I must go and get some sleep so that this will all fall into place.

So until the first clue is released, have a wonderful time discovering fabric you had forgotten about.

Let's warm the creative juices of the souls,

Wendy

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your clues Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks quilted lily, I am excited about this and watching it all come together

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy