Sunday 5 June 2016

Whooping for the Weekend to finish with a slow stitching Sunday!

Hello Everyone!  How are you all on this weekend?

Firstly would just like to say I am linking with the following and thank them so much for the opportunity to link to their wonderful blogs.
The first two for a couple of finishes that can't be shown yet, but mostly for getting back to sewing my winding ways quilt top and for loading my oldest UFO quilt back onto the frame to be hand quilted.  I'm really doing a happy dance and I am whooping the town down this weekend for this.


I am really loving the way this winding ways is coming along.



Then I managed to sort through my fabric scrap bins and pull these fabrics for the mystery I will be sharing with you.  Yes, if you missed my last post I am going to be doing a mystery quilt for Winter.  Since my BOM blog is due in two days I will share the first clue on Friday with you.  I hope you can come and join in on the fun of this mystery.  Just in case you need the requirements Here is the post you need

My yellows and pinks are my mediums, my lights are my backgrounds and all tone on tone whites and my darks are my blues and greens.  Whilst they might not be truly lights, mediums and darks they will work as the colours are different.   I will use a few more pinks than the yellows and the blues and greens will be around the same.

Now to end the day with slow stitching, I have pulled out my oldest UFO called Decades of Stars.  This quilt commenced it's life around 15 years ago.  This quilt is dedicated to all of the loved ones who have departed this earth and now watch over me.   The special lady who carefully picked out a fat quarter from an Amish shop in Pennsylvania all those years ago is now looking down smiling that this quilt is being finished.  
The stitches from a few years ago.   I am not happy with what I did in the corners so I will remove that and redo but I just love this cable.  I am looking forward to writing on this label. 
Look at how it looks on the front!
So I will do a few needles of thread each day and am hoping this will be off the frame in the next month and I will start the next special quilt in my life for someone.  


So I hope you have had a great weekend, please take a couple of moments and say hello and let me know what you have been doing or just let me know you are cheering me on with my UFO or joining with me for the mystery.

Keep smiling and keep creating it's great for our soul!

Wendy.  

7 comments:

  1. Love the quilting on the Decades of Stars quilt, what a great project to be working on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, I had actually forgotten how much I had done so it's all good. I will put a few sttiches in there in a little while

      Delete
  2. That UFO is beautiful. Enjoy stitching with your loved ones in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathie, I'm glad you like my UFO as hubby doesn't, so I guess this will only every be special in my heart. I do look forward to quilting it but I need to rethink my star quilting

      Delete
  3. Well the quilt is but the decades of stars it's dedicated to is 5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on that old UFO - it will feel so good when you finish it! But remember to enjoy the process, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah I will enjoy every little stitch, it will help me keep focused on the prize

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy