Saturday 24 May 2014

Friday's Happy Dance (Whoop Whoop)





my latest Whoop!

What a wonderful Friday it was, hubby and I went and did our usual weekly grocery shop but before that we decided to stop at a couple of hardware Stores.  This is where my Whoop Whoop started!

I had wanted a mobile box to put my sewing machine and tools in to take to class and i decided that maybe a toolbox would be a great thing rather than the soft boxes that are sold for this purpose and of course these are normally a third of the price of the official sewing machine caddies on wheels.



this is it! Whoop
Imagine my delight when the box I thought would work was on sale for $50.  So we decided to give it a try!  As we were leaving the store the sales assistant told us if it doesn't work bring it back!  Another whoop! This wouldn't be a waste of money if it didn't work

So after putting the groceries away we went to try and fit the machine in knowing that it was going to be a tight fit.  First owe thought this was going to be returned,  then we realised that i could take of the cotton reel to make it work for me.  I was all prepared construct a little pocked with velcro attached to the handle to hold it.  Then the real WHOOP WHOOP happy dance happened as we realised that the underneath of the trays could be trimmed! 




Like This, Whoop!

Now my machine fits perfectly and I have plenty of room for all sorts of things. I have lovely little boxes which can be filled with cotton, scissors, jack the rippers and lots of fabrics.  With my ruler and other things snug in the bottom I will now be able to go to craft groups easy with just one walk into class without a juggling act!

Next Week will be a fun trip to classes and groups!  Whoop Whoop!

My other Whoop for Friday is that I have entered Gelato into the Spring Bloggers Quilt Festival in the Hand Quilting Section and would love it if you could  find a couple of minutes to go and vote for me here at Amy's blog, thank you!
this is my entry! whoop whoop!




So this is my whoop and I am linking today with Confessions of a Fabric Addict,
I hope you are having a fabulous time and doing the happy dance with me.

I would love to hear what is making you go Whoop Whoop for a happy dance.

So until next time, enjoy life,

Wendy


8 comments:

  1. love a container!! All that and wheels too. I just use a suitcase but this looks sturdy.
    LeeAnna Paylor Not afraid of Color! lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LeeAnna, it is just great, and yes it is so sturdy and my machine won't slip and slide around at all, oh and i am not afraid of colour either

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoooooo I love it .. you need to show a picture of what you had to trim off and where ?? please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Lynn, I will add it later for you, thanks I didn't think of it

      Delete
    2. It's absolutely beautiful, love your colours and I've read your previous comments regarding colours - I'm a colour girl too. You have my vote :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you very much Michelle, I appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  4. love the idea of tool box, so glad it works for you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy