Tuesday 27 May 2014

My 3D Heart Block


My 3D Heart Block

As Promised I designed a new block for me today.  I found these lovely fabrics in my stash and decided to do a block which could be used on its own or in a sampler block quilt.  A little while ago I was asked by a former teacher Cheryl Billings Smith to come up with a block for a sampler quilt.  So this is it.  

These are the fabrics out to the box
You can check out Cheryl's page on sampler quilts here at Chebbies Sampler Quilts Australia
My new sewing caddy
Today saw the first trip to sewing with my new toolbox! It was the centre of attention and Masters may have to order more in as a few of the ladies were ready to go and buy one.  I fitted my machine and my iron in plus other things and I still had room to fit more.






I have been in an apron swap and I got a lovely lady from USA.  Her request was blues, and she would like a bib and a longer apron, she liked roses and frills.  I had this gorgeous fabric with roses and cup cakes and teapots and sugar bowls on it, so it seemed the best option.  I then teamed it with some blues and one of them was a rose print.  I was then package and sent off overseas.   

A little over a week later a surprise arrived in her mailbox and she now has my apron to wear whilst she is cooking.  Oh by the way she says she loves it!  I am now just waiting for my apron to arrive in the mailbox for me.

this is my finished apron before it left

This is Gelato
Don't forget to visit the Spring Bloggers Quilt Festival and vote for your favourite quilts.  I have entered Gelato in the Hand quilting sections of Amy's creative side blog.  Just click on the heart which is located on the thumbnails in each section.  You can vote for two quilts in each section each day of the festival.  I would like to thank everyone who has been visiting my blog,  also many thanks to all who have left comments and thanks to all who have voted. If you have a few moment click on here and vote now



Have a fantastic day everyone and I will share some of my morrow with you tomorrow!

Wendy


2 comments:

  1. You are such a busy girl! So happy your caddie is working out so well... and others will join in.. then you will have to make tags for each one to personalize them or something! ha :) LOVING that heart block you designed! Such a beauty!!! that apron rocks and I hope the recipient loved it too. Thanks for sharing the need to vote for Gelato too :) Such a cool quilt! Hoping it WINS at Amy's! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathi, yesterday was a blast and I thought I wouldn't be able to make the heart as promised but it all came together quickly ashy dinner cooked. Story of my life cramming heaps in! Love it

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy