Sunday 11 May 2014

Mothers Day slow stitching Sunday



What a wonderful day I have had today, this Mother's Day.  Managed to get a lovely sleep in.  My youngest daughter was able to come home and spend the day with me.  My eldest daughter had to work so we will catch up on her day off this week.  Once again my girls have spoilt me and given me some lovely hand and body cream with some fantastic shower gel.  The above photo is a progress photo of my love calms the seas quilt.  I am now able to quilt at a reasonable pace so Heather should have her quilt sooner.  She did take another quilt back with her as it is starting to get a bit colder. 

This a photo of my thread keeper, it has a magnet on the top of it which keeps the needles together.  I love to thread all of my needles and then just cut them as I need them.

I thought I would also share a photo of my thumb thimble and my new little threader which my friend Kathi sent to me as a surprise with some fabric.  It makes me smile each time I see it.  I am linking up with Kathy for Slow Stitching Sunday. I would like to wish everyone a happy Mother's Day and I hope it has been special for you and that you can be thankful for the little things in life.  Remember by adding the little things in life we achieve big and wonderful things.

So until next time have a wonderful and fun time,

Wendy

10 comments:

  1. Love Calms the Seas is looking AWESOME... so dimensional with your stitching there. Love the magnet to hold the needles you have threaded with your thread! Great tool to have for sure! I love my matching needle threader and am glad the one I sent you keeps you smiling :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathi, I am really having fun making waves in this quilt

      Delete
  2. It is always good to make progress! I too enjoy the simple things in life. Today it will strawberry shortcake with strawberries from my garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is good to make some progress, Carla your strawberry shortcake sounds wonderful

      Delete
  3. So neat to see your thread keeper... a very useful tool.
    Enjoy your slow stitching today!
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your thread keeper and your quilting on your quilt is just stunning! Love the movement it creates. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb, I am trying to create that movement so it means a lot that you can see it at this early stage. Yes I did have a lovely day yesterday

      Delete
  5. I have always liked the storm at sea blocks. Yours shows nice movement. Prethreading my needles and then cut as I need them is my favorite method.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, I am often amazed at how many do not think to pre thread their needles

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy