Monday 26 May 2014

Saturday moves into a slow stitching Sunday



My frame in its new position
I spent time on Saturday tidying up my craft area and managed to change the orientation of my quilt frame around.  I normally sat between the window and the frame to quilt.  I now can look out of the window as I quilt.


this is the centre looking toward my desk area

This became a wonderful achievement as I have been planning this move for awhile but never quite had the time or the helping hands since I have the largest size of poles in the frame at the moment.

On Sunday I was able to do some slow stitching to my Love Calms the Seas quilt and as you can see I have started to make some progress.  I am hoping to be able to move the quilt on the rods to a new section by the end of the week.

Just a few shots of Love Calms the Seas progress.  This week I am linking to Kathy's Quilts for a Slow Stitching Sunday and to My go go life for Sewjo Saturday


Motivation Mayhem Monthly Muster!
My exciting news is that I will be teaming up with my friend Kathi from Designs Originals by KC to host a link party.  We are calling it Motivation Mayhem Monthly Muster!  Our aim is to set goals and be accountable for them and we plan on  blogging  about them.  They will be for the month approaching and accounting for our goals from the past month.  We are hoping that you will join in with us and write a blog about your goals.  These are not necessarily quilting goals.  

We plan for this to occur on the last Friday of every month,  the link will be open for the weekend.  Both Kathi and I are ecstatic about this link and we would love you all to joint us.  Let us see how many goals we can achieve for the year!  So grab our button from the side bar and get your blog ready for Friday!


Just a little reminder that Gelato is featuring in the Hand quilt section of the Spring Bloggers Quilt Festival, I would appreciate your vote if you can spare a couple of minutes by clicking on the heart of the thumbnail of the quilt and voting, Thank You

Why not sign up and follow me, tomorrow I will be posting a new block I have designed and made so stay tuned for my reveal.

Have a great day,

Wendy


2 comments:

  1. WOW! I am just starting to hand quilt and bow down to anyone that can do a real sized quilt. I am starting with a mini to get my feet ( more like my toe) wet ;O) Thank you for linking up to SEWjo Saturday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the hand quilting world. It is my stress relief and my way of life. If you haven't checked out Celebrate hand quilting I recommend you do as it is a wonderful group of people, I hope to see you there Kim. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy