Sunday 18 May 2014

Special Sunday!



What a wonderful day I have had.  This morning started with a wonderful breakfast of  French toast with fried bananas drizzled with maple syrup and a good cup of coffee.

I then returned to do some more tidying in my sewing area before going for a motorbike ride to Phillip Island Race Track Cafe for Lunch.  It was a perfect autumn day and a wonderful ride following a few bike lengths behind hubby.


Now that I have finished tidying the sewing area and am sitting for the evening watching the Motogp racing from Le Mans it is perfect to be Slow stitching with Kathy on Sunday



On my love calms the seas quilt, I am excited as I am about to change colour threads again and I will be rolling the rods on the frame so that I can reach a bit further into the quilt.  I really want to get a lot of this quilt done this week and I am sure I can.  I seem to have a lot of my work caught up and am making lots of progress.  I really would like this quilt finished by the end of this month.  So that is my goal for this month and I hope for my linky that I can blog about how I have achieved this goal.  I would love you to be able to link with me and I hope you are thinking about your blog for this.  Please leave me a comment to let me know you are thinking of joining me in this setting of goals for the month.

Until next blog have a great time and enjoy your slow stitching Sunday and I hope it is as special as mine has been.

Wendy

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day and finishing it off with some enjoyable quilting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your Sunday is just as special as mine has been

      Delete
  2. I firmly believe in goals. Your storm at sea is such a wonderful quilt. Isn't it amazing that a change in thread color can bring us such joy. Love the simple things in life. Your breakfast sounded wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the simple things in life can bring the most joy, and the breakfast was lovely

      Delete
  3. I love your quilt! I was thinking on doing one too, but it seemed quite difficult to me :( My goal is to finish quilting the borders of my Liberty Dear Jane. In our home TV is on too with moto GP race!! Maybe this afternoon I will be able to quilt a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jolanda It is a good racing today, we are enjoying it greatly. I did this storm at sea by foundation paper piecing, it isn't to difficult just take it slowly

      Delete
  4. I was at the Phillip Island Retreat last weekend and will be there in a months time with hubby resting. We won't be on our bike because you can't trust the weather. And I can take more sewing in the car. Enjoy slow stitching & the GP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed your time there Jo, I am glad we live close by, it is one of my favourite rides, we can always just pick a nice day and off we go. Enjoy your time resting with Hubby

      Delete
  5. I love that you are hand quilting this beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol, I am enjoying the hand quilting process

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy